What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin casings or shells affixed to the fronts of teeth to improve their strength and appearance. They can help whiten teeth, replace damaged enamel and repair small cosmetic problems. They are usually made of porcelain (but sometimes resin), which is resistant to staining.
Are dental veneers right for me?
Veneers are generally used for cosmetic and aesthetic purposes. They may be right for you if:
- Your teeth are stained or discolored.
- Your teeth are broken or chipped.
- Your teeth have become worn down.
- Your teeth are misaligned, misshapen or have gaps.
- You are simply not confident about your smile.
What is the process for getting dental veneers?
The dental veneer process is centered around planning and will consist of a few appointments to ensure the patient achieves their ideal smile:
- The Interview Consultation: Dr. Astrid Alves will meet with the patient to determine what they like about their current smile and what they hope to improve. Next, they will identify the patient’s goals and begin designing how the veneers will look. This stage of planning is invaluable for making sure the patient will be happy with their new smile.
- Provisionals: After the look of the veneers has been decided upon, the patient will try on provisionals, or prototypes, to make sure they are satisfied with the design of the teeth. Occasionally, some elements of the design do not look as good as the patient envisioned. The provisionals will provide a sense of what works and what does not. Once the design is fully finalized, Dr. Alves will take impressions and send them out to a lab.
- Installation: Once we have received the veneers, the patient will return to have them installed with a simple, straightforward procedure. Once installed, the patient can permanently enjoy their beautiful new smile.
To learn more about dental veneers in Coral Gables, Florida, and schedule a consultation with our prosthodontist, call Forma Dental — Modern Dental Aesthetics today at 786-762-2465.